The School Health & Parental awareness Program is defined as “the school procedures that contribute to the maintenance and improvement of the health of pupils and school personnel including health services healthful living and health education”.
Childhood is the age of learning whatever the child inculcates his/her childhood they carry it for life and our children form tomorrows society. If we are aiming for a better healthy society we should invest in our children. It is the time when a child start developing practices and attitude towards health. It is very important to target the parents and children for health awareness and demonstration of correct methods for personal hygiene, vaccinations, communicable diseases, endocrine problems etc. School is considered as place for learning where children learn not only subjective knowledge but also life style practices and health seeking behaviors.
It has been proven that schools can provide an ideal platform for the promotion of health awareness.
Objective of this program:
- The promotion of positive health
- The prevention of diseases
- Early diagnosis, treatment and follow up of defects
- Awakening health consciousness in parents and children
Early Recognition & Screening Program
The Early Recognition, Coordination and Screening Initiative cultivates cooperative relationships with local primary care practices, schools and other community-based programs, to promote early identification through social emotional developmental screening and linkages to services.
What does the Early Recognition Screening Initiative offer?
Screening: With parental consent, a free screening to check that children are on the right track for healthy development. Screenings may take place in a school, health center or other locations in the community
- After the screening, responses are evaluated. Families of children who are identified as needing support are given referral information and it can provide further assessment and treatment.
- Educational presentations and programming to promote social / wellness and combat stigma.
For more information about this program in your area, contact: 0474 3041400Leave a reply →